How Many Baseball Cards Could Each Person Have Received at the Stadium?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter mathdad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Baseball Cards
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
mathdad
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
0
On a Saturday, a minor league baseball team gave away baseball cards to each person entering the stadium. One group received 28 baseball cards. A second group received 68 baseball cards. If each person entering the stadium received the same number of cards. What was the greatest possible number of baseball cards that each person could have received?

My Work:

Goup A = 28 cards

Group B = 68 cards

Group A + Group B = 96 cards

I asked myself: What is the biggest number that evenly divides 28, 68, and 96?

The answer is 4. So, each person received 4 cards.

Right?
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
greg1313 said:
Why do you think it might be wrong?

Two reasons why I think my answer may be wrong:

1. I am horrible in terms of word problems.

2. The question is not worded clearly.