How Many Digits of Pi Can You Recall?

  • Thread starter Thread starter moose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 5K views
rachmaninoff said:
Wow, Jason already got his PhD? :eek:

Congratulations!

I try to be humble you know. :shy:
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
There's a story that Andrew Wiles (if you don't know who he is, just google) met his wife that way. He was sitting on a park bench reciting digits of pi to himself, somewhere out in the hundreds, and she came along and started chiming in.

Did you know that tomorrow is also Einstein's birthday? He was born on [tex]\pi[/tex] day! Is that cool or what?
 
selfAdjoint said:
Did you know that tomorrow is also Einstein's birthday? He was born on day! Is that cool or what?

That's pretty screwed up, but in a good way.
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
I think I'm going to celebrate tomorrow with a pi day pie. What flavour do you think is best for celebrating the holiday?
mmmmmmm! 8.53973422267357! :biggrin:
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
Taco Pie :confused:
Be careful, this forum is supposed to have a G rating.
HA! :bugeye: Does that count in GD? Either a G rating is higher then I thought, or...well...a G rating must be higher then I thought.