How Many Ionizable Hydrogen Atoms Are in Phosphorus Acid H3PO3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter agoogler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Atoms Hydrogen
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
agoogler
Messages
81
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



What are the number of ionizable hydrogen atoms in phosphorus acid H3PO3?

Homework Equations



-

The Attempt at a Solution


I didn't even know what "ionizable " means. ( This is not a homework questions, I'm solving sample questions for an entrance exam) . So I searched the web . But still I don't know how to decide the number of ionizable hydrogen atoms in H3PO3 . Please help.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
@DrClaude But if I'm just given a random acid how can I find the number of onizable hydrogen atoms?
 
You can't. It something you have to know: what are the common acids and how they react.