How many questions or homework helps may I ask in a day?

• Thread starter HCverma
  • Start date
In summary: There is no limit to the number of questions you can ask, but it's best to try to do a few questions at a time so that the helpers can give you more help.
HCverma
How many questions or homework helps may I ask in a day? Is there any limits to asking questions or homework helps?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

The new member introduction forum is not for questions. It says in bold letters at the top, NO QUESTIONS HERE.

But there is no limit to the questions you can ask per day. Just remember to post them in a homework forum and that you must fill out the template each time, especially your attempt at solution.

Please have a look at our guidelines. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/#post-66018

Likes HCverma
anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF.

The new member introduction forum is not for questions. It says in bold letters at the top, NO QUESTIONS HERE.

But there is no limit to the questions you can ask per day. Just remember to post them in a homework forum and that you must fill out the template each time, especially your attempt at solution.

Please have a look at our guidelines. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/#post-66018
As I am a new member of this family, Since when can I start asking questions? From today?

HCverma said:
As I am a new member of this family, Since when can I start asking questions? From today?
Yes, feel free to start today. It's a good idea to read through a few of the threads in the Homework Help forum first before starting your thread, to get a feel for how things work here with the template.

And it is best to finish solving your first question before starting a thread with your second question, and so on. If you have too many parallel question threads going at the same time, it can be a bit taxing on the Homework Helpers. When you have solved a question, you can mark the thread "Solved" with the button in the upper right of the thread. :smile:

Likes HCverma
Thread moved to the Feedback forum, since it is more than just a simple New Member Introduction thread now. :smile:

I shouldn't make this reply here, since the thread has been moved to Feedback section, but @HCverma you've got an username that baffled me for a while. I couldn't understand why Prof. Verma needed homework help. :olduhh:

Likes cnh1995, jtbell and HCverma
HCverma said:
How many questions or homework helps may I ask in a day? Is there any limits to asking questions or homework helps?
As many as you want, as long as you don't let the quantity interfere with the quality.

Likes HCverma and Wrichik Basu
russ_watters said:
As many as you want, as long as you don't let the quantity interfere with the quality.
Should I start asking questions now?

HCverma said:
Do you have a question? Then as you’ve been told, go ahead and ask it!

You’ll find the homework helpers are extremely helpful and put in a lot of time to help people understand.

Though this is the case, don’t take that for granted and be lazy in asking your questions or expect to be spoon fed answers.
Do your homework first, to show that you’ve made effort to understand as much as you can independently. And spend time constructing your question in a quality manner so the helpers can understand what you’re really asking.

Likes Mark44 and HCverma
HCverma said:
Members here can not tell you that. Each member should decide when to ask which question. Once you find some academic difficulty or trouble with an exercise problem, and your own efforts have not helped, then ask on the forum whenever you are ready.

Likes HCverma
Why are you so hesitant in asking a question? There are so many questions posted each day, but does every member ask before posting? Have courage and post it. No one will eat you up.

HCverma said:
If you've read some of the threads in the homework help forums, you've probably seen that we use an active style of help that requires your participation. That is, instead of simply giving solutions, we give hints to help you proceed further in your solution. After you've done some more work, we can tell you whether you're still on the right track.

How many questions can you comfortably juggle in your head at the same time?

1. How many questions or homework helps can I ask in a day?

The number of questions or homework helps you can ask in a day depends on the policies set by your institution or organization. It is best to check with your professor or supervisor for the specific guidelines.

2. Is there a limit to the number of questions or homework helps I can ask in a day?

Again, this depends on the policies set by your institution. Some may have a limit to ensure that all students have equal opportunities to ask questions and receive help. It is important to follow these guidelines to promote fairness and equal learning opportunities.

3. Can I ask multiple questions or homework helps in one day?

Yes, you can ask multiple questions or homework helps in one day. However, it is important to prioritize your questions and be considerate of others who may also need help. If you have many questions, it may be helpful to schedule multiple sessions or break them up over a few days.

4. Is there a specific time frame for asking questions or homework helps in a day?

Again, this depends on the policies set by your institution. Some may have designated office hours or online forums for asking questions, while others may have more flexible guidelines. It is important to follow the designated time frame to ensure that your questions are answered and your learning needs are met.

5. Can I ask questions or homework helps outside of regular business hours?

This also depends on the policies set by your institution. Some professors or tutors may have set office hours, while others may be more flexible and available to answer questions outside of regular business hours. It is best to communicate with your professor or supervisor to find out their availability and preferred mode of communication for after-hours questions or homework help.