Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How many reminders does it take about DST?

1. Mar 9, 2007 #1

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My E-mail has been inundated with reminders for two weeks, now. I finally give up. Just to make sure I don't forget, I'm setting my clock an hour ahead right now.

Whoah! It's time to go home from work already! Man, the time just flies! :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Our Outlook e-mail system was "patched" by our IS folks a few nights ago to accommodate the new DST change. Whooo-boy. The silly system them proceded on its own to start sending out meeting notice re-invitations, to try to get the time change stuff incorporated I think.

Except many of the re-invitations had the wrong time and sometimes the wrong day on them, so chaos has reigned. I got invited to a technical meeting by a meeting room earlier this week (yes, invited by the room), and when I got there, there was a baby shower or something going on! Lordy.

4. Mar 9, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know how many it takes, but I'm sure that come Sunday, I'll forget anyway.

And, yes, it sounds like all the calendar software is very confused by this change. I really don't understand why.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?