How might genetic heritability research be used against minorities?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paleo-Conservative
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Iq
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
186 replies · 30K views
russ_watters said:
BV, this must stop.
I'm just playing ball. Evo did flame me first. I merely return the favor.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Monique said:
As we agree it is off topic, don't go into it any further or this topic will be locked. Also, BlackVision, please stop calling other members dumb or stupid as it only undermines your own intellect. This has been going on long enough.
Apologies. But as I've said, Evo started the flame war. I merely played along. Notice that I haven't been flaming anyone else.

I must wonder why when Evo does it, it goes unnoticed. Cause she's been here longer? She get's more leadway? Regardless, in respect for everybody, I am done.
 
Last edited:
BlackVision said:
Apologies. But as I've said, Evo started the flame war. I merely played along. Notice that I haven't been flaming anyone else.

I must wonder why when Evo does it, it goes unnoticed. Cause she's been here longer? She get's more leadway? Regardless, in respect for everybody, I am done.
Yes, I am guilty of starting it, I was growing tired of your snide remarks and insults, but I should not have called you names, I have no excuse for losing my temper. I apologize.

I did stop and try to bring it back up to a normal discussion though, I've been refraining from calling you names recently, it hasn't been easy.
 
Evo said:
Yes, I am guilty of starting it, I was growing tired of your snide remarks and insults, but I should not have called you names, I have no excuse for losing my temper. I apologize.

I did stop and try to bring it back up to a normal discussion though, I've been refraining from calling you names recently, it hasn't been easy.
Yeah you haven't been lately but once it starts, hard to refrain from it afterwards. I apologize as well.
 
The M. L. Finch experience

Evo said:
hitssquad said:
Evo said:
But this test was administered by M.L. Finch . . . hardly a pure, unbiased scientist.
In politics, absence of bias is a requirement for authenticity.

There is no such requirement in science, and this partly because authenticity is not an aim of science.
Is this something in a link I posted?
No. It is part of the excerpt from the "excellent report" by Tim White that you reproduced in this post.




I don't even know who M. L. Finch is.
If you do an Advanced Search of Physics Forums with the Show Results as Posts option selected and for the argument finch, you will find a link to your Post 156 from this thread wherein you wrote:


  • Anyone familiar with The Bell Curve knows that although it lists a lot of references, the study was based primarily on just a few studies.

    Most significant was the data provided by Richard Lynn.

    Here is an exerpt from an excellent report being worked on explaining the sources and actual data used by The Bell Curves' authors...

    Another of the "definitive" studies cited by Lynn in his own article was a 1929 study, in which 293 blacks in South Africa were given the Army Beta Test and scored a mean of 65. But this test was administered by M.L. Finch, an open protagonist of the view that blacks were inherently inferior, even before he had done any studies to "prove" such a thing: he was, in other words, hardly a pure, unbiased scientist. Furthermore, the Beta Test was one of the most culturally biased tests in the world at that time: one question on the 1929 version in dispute showed people playing tennis without a net. To get full credit for the question, one would have to draw the net in the picture—something few black Africans could have possibly known to do in 1929, having never been exposed to the game. A leading proponent of the Beta Test, C.C. Brigham, actually admitted that the test had no validity whatsoever for non-Americans: a fact totally ignored by Lynn, and by the Bell Curve.
 
Last edited:
BlackVision said:
Yeah you haven't been lately but once it starts, hard to refrain from it afterwards. I apologize as well.
Well, as I said it was my fault for starting it, so I am the one that needs to apologize to everyone.

It appears we both are certain we are right about the posts, and I think we are both guilty of being too vague to the point that we both went down different roads, both right and both wrong, and we are both too stubborn to admit we might have contributed to the confusion, at least I am. One of my MANY faults. But since I am always right, I guess it's forgiveable. (joking, kind of) :-p

Truce?
 
Evo said:
Well, as I said it was my fault for starting it, so I am the one that needs to apologize to everyone.

It appears we both are certain we are right about the posts, and I think we are both guilty of being too vague to the point that we both went down different roads, both right and both wrong, and we are both too stubborn to admit we might have contributed to the confusion, at least I am. One of my MANY faults. But since I am always right, I guess it's forgiveable. (joking, kind of) :-p

Truce?
Topics such as these tend to get very heated given the subject matter. And one slight mishap will collapse the entire infrastructure. Not an excuse for the way this debate has progressed but it's more understandable that it happens in such a topic then it would be in other topics.

And yes. Truce.