How much does it cost to ship a 200lb motorcycle engine from FL to NY?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Holocene
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 8K views


I suggest you contact Alliance Air Freight & Logistics. Yes they do ground shipping also. I shipped something about 200 lbs from Los Angeles - Buffalo it cost me about $120. They have a website you can visit www.shipalliance.com. You actually can get a shipping quote and see there services also. If you do get a quote make sure your info is accurate.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


The guy quoted me $240 to my front door. Seems like a deal. If his Ebay feedback is of any worth, he appears to be reputable.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.
 


I still say you should try Alliance Air Freight & Logistics wwwlshipalliance.com I am willing to bet they will be close to $120 for shipping that
 


almianc said:
I still say you should try Alliance Air Freight & Logistics wwwlshipalliance.com I am willing to bet they will be close to $120 for shipping that

Will do. Thanks.
 


Airlines are charging $15 for a small checked bag, and are charging ~$100 for a checked bag that is nominally oversized. Not a good bet for a bulky engine that requires special handling.
 


hey i have worked in the shipping industry before, more precisely, as a freight forwarder.

If you are shipping this, this would be classified as loose cargo, or LCL less than container load.

Typically, a consolidator would collect loose cargoes from various shippers and stuff it into a container before shipping the container out.

If you are doing this by sea, you would need a bill of lading, your forwarder may ask you information like cargo description, shipper title and address, consignee title and address and notify party title and address.

And I am not sure what you mean by heavy, since weight is often compared to the cargo volume to see if its overweight. For example, around my area, a 20 foot container is considered overweight if it weighs more than 20 tons. It depends from location to location or from carrier to carrier.

You might consider just trucking it all the way or by rail or something.