How much to study for general GRE

In summary, when studying for the general GRE, it is recommended to study for at least 2-3 months, with a minimum of 1-2 hours per day. It is also important to aim for studying 4-5 times a week and to use a combination of resources such as review books, online practice tests, and study groups. To create an effective study plan, set a goal score and schedule in regular breaks and practice tests. It is possible to over-study for the general GRE, so it is important to find a balance and give yourself time to rest and recharge during the study process.
1230wc
I did well on SAT a long while ago... how much should i study for the general GRE for EE grad school? thanks :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Take some of the computer based practice tests and work out how much work you need from how well you do on them.

1. How long should I study for the general GRE?

The amount of time you should study for the general GRE will vary depending on your individual strengths and weaknesses. However, most experts recommend studying for at least 2-3 months, with a minimum of 1-2 hours per day.

2. How often should I study for the general GRE?

You should aim to study for the general GRE at least 4-5 times a week. This will allow you to cover all the necessary material and give you enough time to practice and review before the exam.

3. What resources should I use to study for the general GRE?

There are a variety of resources available to help you study for the general GRE, such as review books, online practice tests, and study groups. It is recommended to use a combination of these resources to get a well-rounded preparation for the exam.

4. How can I create an effective study plan for the general GRE?

To create an effective study plan, start by setting a goal score and then work backwards to determine how much time you need to study for each section. Be sure to schedule in regular breaks and practice tests to assess your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your study plan.

5. Is it possible to study too much for the general GRE?

Yes, it is possible to over-study for the general GRE. Studying for too many hours in a day or without taking breaks can lead to burnout and fatigue, which can negatively affect your performance on the exam. It is important to find a balance and give yourself time to rest and recharge during your study process.