How people say they're wrong without actually thinking it

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
jimmy p
Gold Member
I patronise people who are wrong. If that doesn't work I glare at them until it unsettles them and causes them to vacate my presence.

I attempt to be even more incoherent then they are. Try just screaming at the top of your lungs about peccaries the next time they bother you.

or just blow a big snot all over yourself and ask if they have any kleenex.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I just smiled and nodded until my bus arrived then left him still ranting about aliens.
And when you got home and removed your human costume, you fired up your communications device and radioed the mothership "Earthings still hopelessly in the dark. Proceed with invasion."

Pengwuino
Gold Member
TheStatutoryApe said:
Do you get to have conversations like that too Penwuino?
occasionally i'll have a conversation like that. People just don't believe me when i tell them that's what the accelerators are for :grumpy:

jimmy p
Gold Member
DeadWolfe said:
...Try just screaming at the top of your lungs...

or just blow a big snot all over yourself and ask if they have any kleenex.
I like that idea! Why not sneeze on them? Or use negative body language like giving them the finger.

My dad uses the aforementioned method. If you can't get through to an imbecile the first time, just keep repeating yourself louder and louder to every one of their responses.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Evo said:
I've always liked the saying "I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person".
I have taken to saying things like: "You're right, that's why lasers don't really work, and we'll never have cordless phones because physicists don't really know anything."