1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How should I analyze results from electrophoresis?

1. Dec 18, 2011 #1
    Hello! By performing electrophoresis, I have created a filter paper which shows the protein types from different species of fish, wild pig and chicken. Unfortunately, problems have arisen regarding the analysis of the results since most protein samples vary between 15 and 25 kilodaltons. Can you please help me? (I can send the results to you.) Thank you in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2011 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

If you want to get help, please show the results here, either attaching them to your message, or posting a link to the file hosted elsewhere.

4. Dec 18, 2011 #3
    I have taken a picture of the results, however how should I insert the URL of the picture?

5. Dec 18, 2011 #4

Borek

[noparse]here goes image url [Broken][/noparse]

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. Dec 18, 2011 #5
    Thank you! How should you make the picture URL? It is a JEPG image.

7. Dec 18, 2011 #6

Borek

Look for a free image hosting services, like for example imageshack (but it is not the only one, and not necessarily the best one at the moment, that's just the only one I happen to remember; I don't use these services as I post images on my own server).

Please note - I don't want to sound like "if you post the picture, we will help you". There is no guarantee anyone will be able to help you here, I am just introducing you to the way this forum works.

8. Dec 18, 2011 #7
  9. Dec 18, 2011 #8
    Introduction to SDS-PAGE.

It appears as if you did SDS-PAGE - if I am incorrect, you can ignore the above link. Might I ask what it is that you wish to determine from this gel? Given the smearing/uneven running of your samples, I am not sure how much you can quantitatively determine from this gel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook