Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How the distance between upper and bottom wishbone is important

1. Dec 6, 2011 #1
    How the distance between upper and bottom wishbone is important. I design 3D model of tilt light car and I have problem with 3d model because I can't place the top front wishbone high. In technical view and dynamic aspect, what's happen if I place the top front wishbone lower, decrease its width and position knuckle asymmetric in the wheel, how much knuckle could be position low inside in the wheel

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2011 #2

Ranger Mike

Science Advisor

o n this forum see

race car suspension class Jul22-09, 12:03 PM

4. Dec 7, 2011 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Car 101 - Go back to Enzo's GTO and look at that. OK, you might think that a 12 cylinder gas engine would be really heavy. Think that over again. Surely that car might be heavy enough to cause problems on the track - think that over, too. All aluminum body-panels and welded steel-tubed frames took care of that. Front-end geometry is rather trivial when compared to some of the issues that car designers dealt with over 40 years ago.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook