How to Adjust Size and Position of Multiplication Tables in LaTeX?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fredrik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex Multiplication
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 9K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
10,876
Reaction score
423
I'd like to type a few tables similar to the one below into a LaTeX document.

[tex] \begin{tabular}{c|cc}<br /> $\cdot$ & 1 & -1 \\<br /> \hline<br /> 1 & 1 & -1 \\<br /> -1 & -1 & 1 \\<br /> \end{tabular}[/tex]

It comes out much smaller than this in my LaTeX document. Is there an easy way to make it bigger? Also, it appears on the far left. Can I change the position? Can I put another table to the right of the first one?

Edit: Never mind. Seems like every time I ask a question that I haven't been able to answer in an annoyingly long time, I figure out the answer within a few minutes after I post the question. My table was smaller because it was inside a table environment, and it really doesn't need to be. And the align environment can be used to display two tables on the same line.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org