Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to apply force on fence in Ansys Workbench 14

1. Jun 26, 2012 #1
    I have a box, the bottom and the four walls are made of grid. I wan to apply load in the box and see how the bottom and the four walls deform (and stress too). How can I do it? I do not want to apply a force to each wire vertically and horizontally. I want to apply a load to the bottom and the walls lika applying pressure to a surface. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2012 #2

nvn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

gu93togi: Let the pressure you want to apply be p. Compute force F = p*A, where A = area of each grid. Select all wire intersection nodes on one box side, and apply force F to each node. Repeat for each box side and the bottom. See if this might work for you.

4. Jun 27, 2012 #3
    I can not select all wires at the same time and apply force to them. I have to select the wire one by one. It is a way to select all wires at once and apply same force to all of them? Thank you in advance.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook