How to apply force on fence in Ansys Workbench 14

In summary, the conversation discusses applying a load to a box with grid walls and a bottom to observe deformation and stress. The solution proposed is to compute the force by multiplying the desired pressure by the area of each grid, and then applying this force to all wire intersection nodes on each side of the box. The questioner asks if there is a way to select all wires at once and apply the force, rather than having to do it individually.
gu93togi
I have a box, the bottom and the four walls are made of grid. I wan to apply load in the box and see how the bottom and the four walls deform (and stress too). How can I do it? I do not want to apply a force to each wire vertically and horizontally. I want to apply a load to the bottom and the walls lika applying pressure to a surface. Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
gu93togi: Let the pressure you want to apply be p. Compute force F = p*A, where A = area of each grid. Select all wire intersection nodes on one box side, and apply force F to each node. Repeat for each box side and the bottom. See if this might work for you.

I can not select all wires at the same time and apply force to them. I have to select the wire one by one. It is a way to select all wires at once and apply same force to all of them? Thank you in advance.

1. How do I create a force on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14?

To create a force on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14, you will need to use the "External Loads" option in the "Model" tab. From there, you can select the desired fence and apply a force to it using the available options.

2. What is the best way to apply a distributed force on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14?

The best way to apply a distributed force on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14 is to use the "Pressure" option under the "External Loads" tab. This allows you to specify the magnitude and direction of the force, as well as the area over which the force will be distributed.

3. Can I apply a time-dependent force on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14?

Yes, you can apply a time-dependent force on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14 by using the "Tabular" option under the "External Loads" tab. This allows you to input a set of force values at different time intervals, creating a time-dependent force on the fence.

4. How can I visualize the applied forces on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14?

To visualize the applied forces on a fence in Ansys Workbench 14, you can use the "Solution Information" tool under the "Results" tab. This will show you the distribution of forces on the fence, as well as the maximum and minimum values.

5. Is it possible to apply multiple forces on a single fence in Ansys Workbench 14?

Yes, it is possible to apply multiple forces on a single fence in Ansys Workbench 14. You can do this by creating separate load cases, each with its own set of forces, and then superimposing the results to see the combined effect on the fence.