Solve ANSYS Workbench Geometry with Beams, Frames, and Thugs | Steps to Success

In summary, the conversation discussed the steps taken to work with a geometry consisting of 2 beams, 5 frames, and an outer covering with fixed supports. The steps included importing the geometry, cleaning it, meshing it, giving fixed supports and applying forces, and solving for total deformation and equivalent stress. However, the solution was unsuccessful and an error message was received. The individual is seeking help from someone familiar with ANSYS Workbench software.
Workbencher
smiley5.gif

I have done the following Steps on a geometry consisting of
2 Beams
5 Frames
and an outer covering over that with Thugs on it for fix supports
Steps
1. Import Geometry to Workbench
2. Geometry cleaning(Suppressing the unwanted parts and sheet )
3. Open it in design Modeler
4. Meshing was Successful
5. Fixed supports were given
6. Forces applied
7. And giving it the required info I put it on Solution for Total Deformation and Equivalent Stress
But it wasn't Solved rather giving the following error message
"AN unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output on the Solution Information object for possible causes.
I can send the pics at different steps, if needed
Please Anyone related to Ansys Workbench software, help to solve this Problem
Thank You
smiley5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I've not used ANSYS workbench but a quick google search suggested that you may need to increase the page size.

1. How do I import geometry into ANSYS Workbench?

To import geometry into ANSYS Workbench, you can use the "Geometry" tab in the Project Schematic or the "File" menu in the Model tab. You can import geometry from various CAD formats such as IGES, STEP, and Parasolid.

2. How do I apply boundary conditions in ANSYS Workbench?

To apply boundary conditions in ANSYS Workbench, you can use the "Boundary Conditions" tab in the Project Schematic or the "Analysis Settings" menu in the Model tab. You can apply various boundary conditions such as displacement, pressure, and temperature.

3. What is the difference between a static and a transient analysis in ANSYS Workbench?

A static analysis in ANSYS Workbench calculates the response of a structure to a steady loading condition, while a transient analysis calculates the response of a structure to a time-varying loading condition. In other words, a static analysis assumes that the loading conditions remain constant, while a transient analysis takes into account changes in loading over time.

4. How do I mesh my model in ANSYS Workbench?

To mesh your model in ANSYS Workbench, you can use the "Mesh" tab in the Project Schematic or the "Meshing" toolbar in the Model tab. You can choose from various meshing methods such as tetrahedral, hexahedral, and swept mesh.

5. How do I solve my model in ANSYS Workbench?

To solve your model in ANSYS Workbench, you can use the "Solution" tab in the Project Schematic or the "Solve" toolbar in the Model tab. Before solving, make sure you have set up all necessary inputs such as geometry, materials, boundary conditions, and mesh. You can also monitor the solution progress and check for any errors in the "Solution Information" window.