How to Calculate Absorbed Dose in Mixed Liquid Phantoms from X-ray Machines?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shakilnur
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
shakilnur
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Dose phantom = Dose air x ( mSwall / mSair ) x ( mass absorption coefficient phantom/ mass absorption coefficient of wall material ).

if I want to to find absorbed dose in a type of liquid ( combined different type ), how to find the absorption coef?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I suppose you talk about absorption of radioactivity?
Then the absorption of the mixture should be proportional to the masses of the components in the mixture. E.g. if you have a solution containing 100 g Salt per 1000g solution, then you use the absorption coefficient for 100g of Salt + that for 900g of water.
 
thank Q.means that , if the liquid is polymer, so I need to use the percentage of monomer? and water ?
actually, I need to find Absorbed dose in my gel from X-ray machine..using electrometer, we got charge,then sbstitute into that formula..am I right Dr?