Hcl has a saturation pressure of 629 psia @ 70 F, so any transfer I would assume is done completely under pressure. The only losses should be when connections are purged to blow out any air that might be in the connector.
Leaky connectors may present some losses too, and Hcl is highly corrosive when exposed to atmosphere. The Hcl equipment I've seen is coated in rust, even the stainless steel. I believe Monel is a better choice for any fittings exposed to Hcl and atmosphere though I'd need to check, I don't have a material compatibility book handy.
What other losses are there? Are you concerned about sending back a partially full tanker of Hcl? Does your company pay for the entire load and not get a complete load off or are you paying by trailer weight? If you're paying by load, doing things to reduce the amount sent back should be fairly obvious. You could pump the trailer down to about 160 psia which corresponds to a saturation temperature of -20 F. That's the point at which many steels can become brittle and you may find the cylinders start to frost up. But even pumping it down to that pressure would help if you're paying by the load and not by trailer weight.