How to Calculate Forces on Sun Wheels in a Planetary Gear System?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gunter1977
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Planetary Symmetry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Gunter1977
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Hello everyone,

I hope somebody can assist me with this. I am working on a calculation for a planet gear with 4 sun wheels and 1 planet wheel. The aim is to determine the forces on the sun wheel. Initially, I have 3 equations and 4 unknowns. By making an assumption based on symmetry, I now have 4 equations. Unfortunately, I am not getting the correct results. Does anyone know where I can find more information on this or perhaps have a tip? Is my assumption correct regarding the average forces over the teeth? For more information see the attachement .

Thank you in advance.
 
Attachments
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi

I'm thinking based on the assumption that the arms are symmetrical and the forces are equal on these arms, then I believe this could be the solution. There are probably more methods available, and I'd be glad to hear about them or any points for improvement, or if I'm entirely mistaken.

Thank you in advance
 
Attachments