How to Calculate Magnetic Field and Current for Electromagnetic Disc Brakes?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 5K views
wikicheema
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello friend.

I am working of design of Electromagnetic Disc Brake system. I have performed some calculation. which you can find on following links.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3568781938/untitled_folder.zip
https://rapidshare.com/files/2134776724/untitled_folder_2.zip

Please have a look on it. and mention my mistakes. The next thing I want to know , how to calculate the magnetic field and current required to stop the vehicle from 100 Km/h to 0 Km/h

Waiting for replies..
Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
may I as k WHY electric brakes?
what do you think the advantages are vs disadvantages..
 
Thsi is our project defined by the professor. Have u checked attachemnts?
 
The attachments are not opening for me.

Isn't homework, etc. to be posted in another section.
 
give me email.. i will send it on ut email address.
 
Please do not post or request e-mail addresses.

Also, wikicheema, you need to repost this in the homework forum and show your work on the template provided.