How to calculate percentage of exam mark?

• Thread starter solas99
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary, the exam mark cannot be determined without knowing the total number of points possible for the course. Assuming there are 200 points possible, scoring 40% on the exam would result in a score of 56 points. However, with an exam percentage of 40%, the overall course grade is likely to be failing as the exam is worth 70% of the grade. The remaining 30% of the grade depends on the mark obtained, represented as "x", which would result in a global mark of 0.28 + 0.3x.
solas99
lets say?
Exam worth: 70%
exam percentage scored: 40%

what is the exam mark?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
solas99 said:
lets say?
Exam worth: 70%
exam percentage scored: 40%

what is the exam mark?
You can't determine the exam score unless you know the total number of points possible for the course.

Let's suppose that there are 200 points possible in the course. Then the maximum score on the exam would be 140 points (.7 x 200). If you scored 40% on the exam, then your score would be .4 x 140 = 56 points.

In any case, an exam percentage of 40% is probably failing. And since the exam is 70% of the course grade, the grade for the course is likely a failing one.

Hi,

And the rest of the 30% what is the mark ? if it is x
the global mark is : 0,4*0,7+x*0,3=0,28 +0,3x

1. How do I calculate my exam percentage?

To calculate your exam percentage, you need to divide the total marks you received on the exam by the total marks possible and then multiply by 100. For example, if you received 80 out of 100 marks, your exam percentage would be (80/100) x 100 = 80%.

2. What is the formula for calculating exam percentage?

The formula for calculating exam percentage is (marks obtained/total marks) x 100. This will give you the percentage of marks you received on the exam.

3. Can I use a calculator to calculate my exam percentage?

Yes, you can use a calculator to calculate your exam percentage. Simply input the marks you received and the total marks possible into the formula (marks obtained/total marks) x 100 and the calculator will give you the percentage.

4. What if the exam has different sections with different marks?

If the exam has different sections with different marks, you can calculate the percentage for each section separately and then find the average of all the percentages to get your overall exam percentage.

5. How does my exam percentage affect my final grade?

Your exam percentage is usually a significant factor in determining your final grade. Depending on the weightage of the exam, it can greatly impact your overall grade. For example, if the exam is worth 50% of your final grade, your exam percentage will contribute 50% to your overall grade.