How to calculate percentages on a TI-89 for a normal probability distribution?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter sublime
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
sublime
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I have a ti-89, does anyone know how to calculate percentages of the normal model on it? I am not sure what the function is, and using the table in the back of my book is a pain. The problem's I mean are, for example-
given N(80,5) what percentage of the data is above 92 given the information fits a normal probability distribution. note i don't have the 89 titanium so i may not have certain programs. Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see a function for that immediately. You can always just ask it to numerically evaluate the integral of the normal distribution from whatever value you want to some high value like 100.