Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to calculate pressure (PSI) of a gas in a tank

1. Feb 14, 2012 #1
    Hello, i don't know if this is the right place to post this question but im sure someone here can help me out. i need to be able to calculate the psi of a gas in a tank, for example lets say i have 3000 liters of hydrogen in a 1 gallon tank, what would the psi be in the tank? the only help i can find on google is that psi=f/a but that doesn't really help me.

also, i need to be able to calculate how long the gas would flow at a given psi and rate. for example, if a had a 1 gallon tank of hydrogen at 300 psi and it was being released at the rate of 20 liters/min how long would the tank of hydrogen last?

any help is much appreciated, thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2012 #2
    For your 1st question : You need to Find a suitable value of specific volume of hydrogen regardless of corresponding pressure that fills the required volume of yours (i.e 3000 Liters).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook