How to check the isotropy of the source in MCNP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter angfells
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mcnp Mcnp5
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 3K views
angfells
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone!
I need to make sure that my source is isotropic. How can I check that?
I have point source pos -11 0 0 erg=d1 with Maxwellian spectrum of energy and some surfaces through which neutron flux passes.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How rigorous does the check need to be?

You could make everything else transparent, put a sphere round your source, segment it like an orange and then section the orange in half. Every surface would then have equal area and you could do tallies.
 
Alex A said:
How rigorous does the check need to be?

You could make everything else transparent, put a sphere round your source, segment it like an orange and then section the orange in half. Every surface would then have equal area and you could do tallies.
To really see that the source is isotropic, i.e. the particle flow is equally distributed throughout the source volume. Everything is already transparent. Thanks for your answer, I'll try it.