1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to contact universities/research scholars for an apprenticeship in astrophysics?

1. May 9, 2012 #1
    Hi,

My name is Rupak Karnik. I am currently a third year student in electronics engineering in Mumbai, India. I have a very keen interest in astrophysics and space sciences and I plan to pursue a career in the same. I have a mid-semester break during the months of June and July for 6 weeks and I would love to get an opportunity to do an internship at an institute or work as an apprentice under a research scholar during that period in this field. However, I face a unique, frustrating problem. All the institutes here have their summer schools and internship programs during the period when I have my semester examinations. Hence, I am looking elsewhere for gaining some experience. If anyone could guide me on how I can contact professors or if there are any other options, it would be great. I am prepared to pay whatever fees are required for the same. I would really appreciate any help I can get because this is what I really want to do. Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2012 #2

fss

Re: How to contact universities/research scholars for an apprenticeship in astrophysi

E-mail.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook