1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to Convert .4350 into Cubic Centimeters?

1. Jul 7, 2014 #1
    Hello all:

Can someone please convert .4350 (math is not one of my stronger areas) into cubic centimeters for me? If this is not the right forum, please direct me to where i need to be.

Thanks, "Z."

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2014 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

You didn't say what the current units are...

4. Jul 7, 2014 #3
    Thank you. I can't say for sure what the current units are. I am assembling a race engine and the piston manufacture provided .4350 as an indicator of material removed from the piston so as to provide room for the valves to open. Ordinarily that number would be provided in cc's. Such as; Valve Pocket Depth is 9.3cc. Unfortunately, the manufacturer did not provide "simple" numbers that I am use to dealing with. I hope this helps.

5. Jul 7, 2014 #4
    Maybe it is already in cc's? I would call/email the manufacturer.

6. Jul 7, 2014 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Without knowing the original units, it is impossible to convert them to other units. You'll need to ask the manufacturer what units he was using.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook