How to Convert Ampere's Law to Laplace Equations and Solve Numerically?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
yoyobarn
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I need to write ampere's law (differential form) in the form of Laplace equations / Poisson equations and then solve them numerically using Matlab.


Homework Equations


Del x H = J


The Attempt at a Solution


pls see my attachment


I need help from someone who is good at electromagnetics, and also have some numerical programming background.

Thank you very much for help!
 

Attachments

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok now I have come up with code for one wire..

Now i need to code for two wires!

Any idea how to do that?
 

Attachments

  • wire_square.png
    wire_square.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 521
[tex] \nabla \times B=\mu_0J[/tex]
[tex] B=\nabla \times A[/tex]
so then we substitute this into amperes law.
[tex] \nabla \times(\nabla \times A)[/tex]
then we use the vector identity to re-write the curl of the curl.
so we get
[tex] \nabla(\nabla \cdot A) - (\nabla)^2A=\mu_0J[/tex]
[tex] \nabla \cdot A = 0[/tex]
I did this in terms of the B field but
[tex] B=\mu H[/tex]
So now we have reduced this to Poisson equation.
On your second post you said you need code for two wires . well the B fields obey superposition so you can just add the field to the other based on distance.
 
Last edited: