How to deal with preexam anxiety?

• Thread starter EfrainLagos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Anxiety
In summary, the best way to deal with nervousness before an exam is to be as prepared as possible and have a positive mindset. Take a deep breath and remember that the exam is just a test of what you already know. Show off your knowledge and organization skills by breaking down each question and using formulas and relationships to your advantage. Remember, you are in control and the exam is just giving you the opportunity to showcase your knowledge.
EfrainLagos
How you guys deal when you feel nervous before an exam?

Physics news on Phys.org
I make sure that I am as prepared as I can possibly be. Then, I take a deep breath, step back and realize that whatever happens in there, happens. I'll just give it my best and let my preparation take over.

EfrainLagos said:

Exercising or going out and doing something with my wife and/or friends usually helps--a little. Of course, this is only after adequate preparation, but that should go without saying. :smile:

not sure..but just be prepared..sometimes energy drink drinks/pills works for me..

i'm going to have presentation this week,and I'm stage fright

KingNothing said:
I make sure that I am as prepared as I can possibly be. Then, I take a deep breath, step back and realize that whatever happens in there, happens. I'll just give it my best and let my preparation take over.

Thanks for reply man

Dembadon said:
Exercising or going out and doing something with my wife and/or friends usually helps--a little. Of course, this is only after adequate preparation, but that should go without saying. :smile:

Preparation and some time to quiet mind thanks man.

nmah said:
not sure..but just be prepared..sometimes energy drink drinks/pills works for me..

i'm going to have presentation this week,and I'm stage fright

hehe what presentation about man?

ill train hard

I run in circles, wave arms and scream.

haael said:
I run in circles, wave arms and scream.

:rofl: :rofl:

The visual is what did it.

EfrainLagos said:

You know, that's one thing I've never had. I get pre-race anxiety every time I put the harness and helmet on, but exams never got to me.

I've always been able to convince myself that an exam is a test of what I already know. Maybe the reason you're getting nervous is because you have an unrealistic mental image of the exam. It's just a collection of questions whose goal is to let you prove how much you know about something. An exam is a time for showing off and showboating!

When you start in on an exam, don't swallow a question all at once. You wouldn't do that in the real world! Write stuff out, show off how neatly you can organize your thoughts, and prove that each step is a high-confidence move on your part. Identify relationships in the problem; is there a formula you know for that relationship? Write it down before even trying to use it.

Show that exam who's in charge! It's not testing you, it's letting you prove what you know.

1. How common is preexam anxiety?

Preexam anxiety is a very common experience among students. According to research, up to 40% of students experience some level of anxiety before exams.

2. What are the symptoms of preexam anxiety?

The symptoms of preexam anxiety can vary from person to person, but some common symptoms include: feeling restless or irritable, difficulty concentrating, muscle tension, rapid heartbeat, and trouble sleeping.

3. What are some ways to cope with preexam anxiety?

There are many strategies that can help reduce preexam anxiety, such as: practicing relaxation techniques, creating a study schedule, getting enough sleep, and seeking support from friends, family, or a counselor.

4. Can preexam anxiety affect test performance?

Yes, preexam anxiety can impact test performance. When a person is overly anxious, it can make it difficult to concentrate and recall information, leading to lower test scores. It can also cause physical symptoms that can be distracting during the exam.

5. Is preexam anxiety the same as test anxiety?

While preexam anxiety and test anxiety are often used interchangeably, they are not exactly the same. Preexam anxiety refers to the specific anxiety experienced before an exam, while test anxiety is a broader term that can refer to anxiety about any type of test or evaluation. However, the symptoms and coping strategies for both types of anxiety are similar.