How to design chrome logo programatically?

In summary, Zulfi is asking for help in designing a google chrome logo programmatically, but it's not clear what language or graphics library he is using. He suggests downloading the processing app and using it to explore creating the logo with graphics api provided in processing. If he wants to create a web logo, he suggests SVG coding. Lastly, he asks for help in finding the radii of a circle. Measure them with a ruler, off your computer screen? Print one at a large size before you measure it. If he wants to convert the jpeg (raster) to vector format, there are probably free programs to do that. Alternatively, he could import the small jpg into a graphics program, enlarge it then
zak100
Hi,
Can some body please guide me how to design google chrome logo programatically? I don't want the embosing or outward effect. I thought it can be done by dividng the circle into 3 portions, 120 degrees apart. But where to start this partition to give it an original look. Also we can have three concentric circles. But the division part is not clear to me.

Some body please tell me the steps.

Zulfi.

Attachments

• offical google chrome logo.jpg
    offical google chrome logo.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 460
Technology news on Phys.org
Can you provide some context here? You say you want to do it programmatically and yet you don’t say what language you’re using nor what graphics library you may have.

I would suggest downloading the processing app at processing.org and use it to explore creating this logo with graphics api provided in processing using java as the base language.

If instead you meant something for the web then look into SVG coding for a web page.

Lastly, you need to stop asking people to guide you and to show you the steps. You could have researched it first on google and then asked about specific technologies.

Likes berkeman
Hi,

<Lastly, you need to stop asking people to guide you and to show you the steps. You could have researched it first on google and then asked about specific technologies.>

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-to-design-chrome-logo-programatically.949699/

[[Moderator's note: off topic remarks removed]]
<
Can you provide some context here? You say you want to do it programmatically and yet you don’t say what language you’re using nor what graphics library you may have.>

[[Moderator's note: off topic remarks removed]] I am not pressing on the language because I don't need the code.

Zulfi.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not clear what you are asking as the logo has already been designed.

All I can say is to note that:

The straight lines appear to be tangents.
The one between red an yellow appears horizontal.
The logo appears to have a faint white highlight.

Hi,
I want to create a replica of the logo. I know that there are 3 regions. I want to how to find the radii where the 3 regions red, green and yellow starts. Please guide me how to find the radii?

Zulfi.

zak100 said:
Please guide me how to find the radii?
Measure them with a ruler, off your computer screen? I expect the logo can appear in different sizes (scale factors), so the ratio of the radii is what matters. Of course, the diameters are easier to measure.

Print one at a large size before you measure it.

If you are trying to convert the jpeg (raster) to vector format there are probably free programs to do that.

Or you could import the small jpg into a graphics program, enlarge it then overlay shapes (circles and lines etc) on a new layer(s).

Likes jedishrfu
Hi
Thanks CWaters. I would use Visio. By radii i mean I have to actually find out the points or coordinates where the radii cuts the circle. These points would help me to identify the length of regions. After that I have to draw the central circle which is a concentric circle.

Zulfi.

Likes jedishrfu
zak100 said:
Hi
Thanks CWaters. I would use Visio. By radii i mean I have to actually find out the points or coordinates where the radii cuts the circle. These points would help me to identify the length of regions. After that I have to draw the central circle which is a concentric circle.

Zulfi.

To be clear, this is a manual solution not a programmatic solution. This is where the confusion comes from in our earlier post exchanges. By programmatic most folks will agree that it means to have a program draw the logo and that you provide the programming statements to make it happen that’s why I suggested the processing IDE tool.

Hi,
<By programmatic most folks will agree that it means to have a program draw the logo and that you provide the programming statements to make it happen that’s why I suggested the processing IDE tool>

You can't write a program without having an algorithm. Algorithm is basically a design phase and it should not be a programming statement. I have finalized the design phase. If I can't write the correct code, this means that there is a problem in the design phase.That's what i told you in the post#3 that I don't need the code. I am talking about the design phase not the development phase. In the development phase we surely talk about the code.

Programatically means the code but I have already searched the web and I can't find any code for my problem and nobody will do the programming for me unless I pay for it. So now I need to know the steps for manual design. Once I know the steps, I have to convert them into code.
Other reason is that its programming forum.
Also my final output is a program in Java which i already specified in my title.

Zulfi.

Likes Merlin3189
I made up a few equations that seem to approximate Googles logo and typed them into Wolframalpha.
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=x^2+y^2=0.8^2,+x^2+y^2=1,+x^2+++y^2+=+2.2^2,+y=1,+y+=+sin(120)/cos(120)+*+x+-+sin(90)/sin(30),++y+=+sin(240)/cos(240)+*+x+-+sin(90)/sin(30)

It seems to work fine. I assumed a radius of 2.2 for the outer circle and a radius of 1 for the circle in the middle.
You can also use Wolframalpha to find the coordinates at which a circle and a line meet.
e.g.
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=x^2+++y^2+=+2.2^2,+y+=+sin(120)/cos(120)+*+x+-+sin(90)/sin(30)

Likes Greg Bernhardt and russ_watters
zak100 said:
Hi,
<By programmatic most folks will agree that it means to have a program draw the logo and that you provide the programming statements to make it happen that’s why I suggested the processing IDE tool>

You can't write a program without having an algorithm. Algorithm is basically a design phase and it should not be a programming statement. I have finalized the design phase. If I can't write the correct code, this means that there is a problem in the design phase.That's what i told you in the post#3 that I don't need the code. I am talking about the design phase not the development phase. In the development phase we surely talk about the code.

Programatically means the code but I have already searched the web and I can't find any code for my problem and nobody will do the programming for me unless I pay for it. So now I need to know the steps for manual design. Once I know the steps, I have to convert them into code.
Other reason is that its programming forum.
Also my final output is a program in Java which i already specified in my title.

Zulfi.

I guess we have a language barrier here then because programmatically includes the algorithm and implies the answer is in some form of pseudo code or real code. Your post#3 did not mention anything about wanting an algorithm.

In truth, it’s not hard to figure out how to draw this logo. It’s quite geometric in its design.

And so I think this thread has run its course and it’s time to close it rather devolve into the meanings of programmatically and algorithm.

A big thanks to all who contributed here.

1. How can I create a chrome logo using programming?

To create a chrome logo programmatically, you will need to use a programming language such as JavaScript or Python and a graphics library like Canvas or SVG. You will also need to have a good understanding of the chrome logo design and its dimensions.

2. Can I use any programming language to design a chrome logo?

Yes, you can use any programming language that supports graphics libraries to design a chrome logo. Some popular choices include JavaScript, Python, and Java.

3. Is it difficult to design a chrome logo programmatically?

Designing a chrome logo programmatically can be challenging for beginners, but with some programming knowledge and graphics skills, it is possible to create a professional-looking logo. It may require some trial and error to achieve the desired result.

4. Are there any tutorials or resources available for designing a chrome logo programmatically?

Yes, there are many tutorials and resources available online that can help you learn how to design a chrome logo programmatically. You can find step-by-step guides, video tutorials, and code examples on websites like YouTube, Stack Overflow, and CodePen.

5. Can I customize the design of a chrome logo programmatically?

Yes, you can customize the design of a chrome logo programmatically by adjusting the code and graphics elements. This allows for more flexibility and creativity in the design process.