How to find out the area of a shape

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rohan11221
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Shape
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Rohan11221
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey this isn't fancy but i thought I'd ask because you are all smart

Also i didn't use the template because i didn't really understand it

I need help with the area of circles and things because my teachers are not understanding my questions

So my question is how do i figure out the area and the inside of a circle and what are the correct formulas

Also is there a simple way of finding out area
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You didn't really state too much about the circle itself, whether it is a complete circle or a segment, etc. The most I can tell you is that the area of a circle is πd2/4 or πr2 where 'd' is the diameter and 'r' is the radius of the circle.
 
Rohan11221 said:
because you are all smart
Not true! I often make dumb mistakes :biggrin:

It doesn't sound like you're having trouble with the area of a circle as rock.freak667 has suggested, since, from what you tell us, you're having trouble understanding it and the teacher can't answer your questions. There is only one formula for the area of a circle, and that's [itex]A=\pi r^2[/tex] (and all others are a variation of it), so I find it hard to imagine how you could be having trouble with this...[/itex]