How to fix my laptop battery Lithium Ion it does'nt charge anymore

In summary, the conversation discusses ways to fix a laptop battery that is no longer charging. The suggestion of putting the battery in the refrigerator to improve its performance is mentioned, but it is ultimately concluded that this will not fix a worn out battery. The recommendation is to replace the battery instead of attempting to fix it. Mishandling or improper disposal of the old battery could also pose a safety risk.
daizuke
How to fix my laptop battery Lithium Ion when it doesn't charge.My friend says that his battery became stronger when he put it on the refrigerator,so i did also because my battery is having a problems with its charging.When it became full,and I'm using it before 20% it shutdown itself.But,after i put it on a cold,i realize that it become more weak on its battery life.How can i return the performace of my lithium ion battery??

Computer science news on Phys.org
Your battery needs to be replaced. Don't fiddle with it. If the old battery is mishandled or disposed of improperly, it could rupture and become a fire hazard.

1. Why is my laptop battery not charging?

The most common reason why a laptop battery is not charging is due to a faulty charging cable or adapter. It could also be caused by a damaged battery or charging port.

2. How can I determine if my battery is the problem?

If your laptop is not charging even with a new charging cable or adapter, then it is likely that the battery is the issue. You can also check the battery health status on your laptop's settings to see if it needs to be replaced.

3. Can I fix my laptop battery myself?

In most cases, it is not recommended to try and fix your laptop battery yourself. It is a complex and delicate component, and attempting to fix it without proper knowledge and tools can cause further damage. It is best to seek professional help or replace the battery entirely.

4. How long does a laptop battery last?

The lifespan of a laptop battery depends on various factors such as usage, charging habits, and the type of battery. Generally, a Lithium-Ion battery can last for 2-3 years before it needs to be replaced. However, this can vary depending on individual usage.

5. How can I prolong the life of my laptop battery?

To prolong the life of your laptop battery, it is important to properly maintain it. This includes avoiding extreme temperatures, not overcharging or fully depleting the battery, and using the laptop on a flat surface to ensure proper ventilation. It is also recommended to calibrate your battery once every few months.