How to get rid of callus on heel

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
leroyjenkens
Messages
621
Reaction score
49
On my right foot, there's a small callus with redness extending a millimeter or so around it, and it's been like that for a few years now. I don't know what's causing it, but I have some ideas. I think it may be partly from driving. I drive with my heel touching the back of my shoe, and since I don't have cruise control, I have to keep my foot like that for 20 minutes or so on my way to work and back every day. I tried driving with no shoes on, but that didn't seem to make the redness and callus go away over a several month period of time, so something else must be contributing to it as well. I tried tightening my shoe so that my heel doesn't slide on the back of my shoe when I walk, but it always seems to slide a little. I tried making it loose, but then it still slides against the back of the shoe. I have to wear shoes at work, so I was thinking maybe there's some kind of thing I could put in the back of my shoe to let my heel heal. I figure if I can keep anything from rubbing against it for a few months, it'll finally heal. Any ideas on what I could do to my shoe to stop my heel from rubbing against anything.
Thanks
 
Biology news on Phys.org
There's also second skin. It's akind f tape that hikers use to protect against.

http://www.theinsolestore.com/spenco-medical-2nd-skin-blister-kits.html?zmam=92453369&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=49-106-00&gclid=COODypOlq8MCFQGDaQod7K4AvA
 
We cannot diagnose you or give medical advice. Please see a doctor.