Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical How to get rid of callus on heel

1. Jan 23, 2015 #1
    On my right foot, there's a small callus with redness extending a millimeter or so around it, and it's been like that for a few years now. I don't know what's causing it, but I have some ideas. I think it may be partly from driving. I drive with my heel touching the back of my shoe, and since I don't have cruise control, I have to keep my foot like that for 20 minutes or so on my way to work and back every day. I tried driving with no shoes on, but that didn't seem to make the redness and callus go away over a several month period of time, so something else must be contributing to it as well. I tried tightening my shoe so that my heel doesn't slide on the back of my shoe when I walk, but it always seems to slide a little. I tried making it loose, but then it still slides against the back of the shoe. I have to wear shoes at work, so I was thinking maybe there's some kind of thing I could put in the back of my shoe to let my heel heal. I figure if I can keep anything from rubbing against it for a few months, it'll finally heal. Any ideas on what I could do to my shoe to stop my heel from rubbing against anything.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Jan 23, 2015 #3

jedishrfu

5. Jan 23, 2015 #4

Evo

We cannot diagnose you or give medical advice. Please see a doctor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook