How to install Knoppix on a hard disk as a dual-boot option

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zargawee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Disk Hard
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 5K views
Zargawee
Hello ,
Is there any way to get run knoppix from the Hard disk and make it one of the Operating systems to choose ?

I hope someone helps me :D
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How about this:

http://www.phpcad.com/knoppix-install.html#Harddisk_Installation_Procedure
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing with Knoppix STD and I think it's better then redhat 9. I can play all my MP3's on my win 98SE partition. I really like Knoppix is so user friendly and I like the interface better then bluecurve. Its also uses a KDE GUI instead of Gnome which I like better.
 
At the graphical login screen you can choose. You can also set the default.

[edit]Also, about playing the mp3 on xmms. Does Knoppix automount the fat32 parition. I know in redhat you can use the automount config or you can do it manually by typing "mount -t vfat /dev/hda? /mnt/windows" where '?' is the parition number. and if you want it to mount it at startup you add the line to fstab
 
Last edited: