How to learn quantum physics as a teenager and choosing colleges for it

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Gravitons
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am just a teenager but I am very interested and dedicated to learning quantum physics, i want to be a theoretical physicist or astrophysicist, something like that. But I am trying to learn as much as I can using books, tv, and the internet mostly. Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, I am not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more. And I am also looking into certain colleges if anyone has any comments on that.

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You're asking someone to... teach you physics? That's too broad a request.

- Warren
 
Gravitons said:
...
Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, I am not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more.
That's what this forum is for !
 
Gravitons said:
Hi, I am just a teenager but I am very interested and dedicated to learning quantum physics, i want to be a theoretical physicist or astrophysicist, something like that. But I am trying to learn as much as I can using books, tv, and the internet mostly. Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, I am not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more. And I am also looking into certain colleges if anyone has any comments on that.

Thank you

Okie dokie ... so start asking questions!
 
Gravitons said:
Hi, I am just a teenager but I am very interested and dedicated to learning quantum physics, i want to be a theoretical physicist or astrophysicist, something like that. But I am trying to learn as much as I can using books, tv, and the internet mostly. Sometimes i have a hard time understanding it and would really be pleased if some people could help me, I am not asking for a tutor, just some tips, explanations, to help me understand more. And I am also looking into certain colleges if anyone has any comments on that.

Thank you

Don't ask to ask, just ask!

The most effective way to use this forum is to ask specific questions, preferably on something that you've tried to understand (i.e. you've made an attempt first) but still have problems with. This way, it doesn't degenerate into a full-blown lesson on a general topic, which is almost impossible to do on a public forum such as this. So ask your question, and indicate that you already know or attempted to understand, and where exactly you don't.

Zz.