How to make a gel for/of a particular solution?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Rhydo
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Hi!

I performed the blue bottle experiment using Methylene Blue, water, NaOH and Glucose.

The reaction went fine but I have planned to make a gel of the reactants EXCLUDING glucose and then add glucose in controlled amounts to this gel to see the effects.

I know it may sound like an unconventional plan but I have a use for it (hopefully).

So all I want to know is whether its possible to make a gel form of Methylene Blue and NaOH (which are already in a predetermined concentration) in the gel?
OR
Can such a solution be mixed with a commercially available gel that is non reactive to the above mentioned chemicals INCLUDING glucose?

I hope my question is not too confusing!
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org