1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to make a series circuit using ?

1. Nov 20, 2009 #1
    how to make a series circuit using a battery, a bulb and a switch?

would it be a battery sign on the top, then on the left hand side a bulb then on the bottom a switch?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Thread moved from Other Sciences to Intro Physics.

Welcome to the PF, Andy. Can you tell us what is different between a "series" circuit and a "parallel" circuit? How are the components connected in those two types of circuits?

4. Nov 20, 2009 #3
    hi, a series circuit in in a square and a parallel circuit is there it all goes down if u get what im on about? like you would have the battery at the top and the bulb would be under it. all i need is a circuit with a bulb, a battery and a switch, i drew what i thought might have been right but it was too big to upload

5. Nov 20, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Correct. In a parallel circuit, all the components are placed side-by-side, and their top terminals are all connected together, and their bottom terminals are all connected together. (Although it doesn't matter if they are drawn all vertical or all horizontal, as long as they are connected in parallel.)

In a series circuit, the components are connected nose-to-tail, in a circle or square as you say.

6. Nov 20, 2009 #5
    thankyou very much o:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook