How to Make Activated Carbon Stick to Aluminum Foil for DIY Supercapacitors?

  • Topic: Electrical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter BurnIt0017
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Diy Supercapacitor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
BurnIt0017
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Greetings. I started a new project, I am trying to establish a basic fabrication method so I can test different common household electrolytes when placed between two activated carbon electrode.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwO5zSDThdxFazQyeHM5ZFVEdDg/view?usp=sharing

The main problem I am having is getting the activated carbon to adhere to the aluminum foil.
Suggestions welcome.

This is my first chemistry project and I only have access to common household items.
I am a fabricator and I just started to study chemistry. Skill level basic...

Do electrolytes have different size ions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
BurnIt0017 said:
Do electrolytes have different size ions?
They sure do ! You can even look them up, e.g. here. For composite ions e.g. here