How to publish a technical paper

• Thread starter djsourabh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, as an electrical engineering student, you have a technically innovative and theoretically sound project with a mathematical background that you want to publish on a theoretical level. To do so, it is best to speak with your research adviser who can help you determine if your paper is publishable and guide you on how to prepare and submit it to relevant publications.
djsourabh
i am last year electrical engineering student.
my project is really technically innovative & theoretically sound with mathematical background.
so i want to publish my project on 'theoretical level'.
what is the procedure for it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Talk to your research adviser. They can help you decide if your paper is publishable, and if so, how to prepare it and where to send it.

djsourabh said:
i am last year electrical engineering student.
my project is really technically innovative & theoretically sound with mathematical background.
so i want to publish my project on 'theoretical level'.
what is the procedure for it?

As eri has mentioned, this is something that you must discuss with your advisor. He/she should know the state of knowledge of the field involved, and can easily tell you if your project is "new enough" that it should be published, and where to publish such a thing.

Zz.

1. How do I choose a topic for my technical paper?

Choosing a topic for your technical paper can be a daunting task. Start by brainstorming ideas related to your field of study or current research. Consider the current trends and advancements in your field and choose a topic that is both interesting and relevant. You can also consult with your peers or supervisor for suggestions.

2. What is the typical structure of a technical paper?

A technical paper typically follows the IMRaD structure: Introduction, Methodology, Results, and Discussion. The introduction should provide background information and state the purpose of the paper. The methodology section should detail the methods and techniques used in the research. The results section presents the findings of the research, and the discussion section analyzes and interprets the results in relation to the research question.

3. How do I find a suitable journal to publish my technical paper?

There are several ways to find a suitable journal for your technical paper. You can start by researching journals in your specific field and considering their impact factor, reputation, and target audience. You can also consult with your peers or supervisor for recommendations. Additionally, online databases and directories can help you filter journals based on your research topic and scope.

4. What are the key elements of a successful technical paper?

A successful technical paper should have a clear and concise research question, a well-defined methodology, and solid evidence to support the results. It should also have a logical and organized structure, adhere to the guidelines of the selected journal, and be written in clear and concise language. Additionally, a successful technical paper should contribute to the existing knowledge in the field and have the potential to impact future research.

5. How do I handle revisions and responses from journal editors and reviewers?

Receiving revisions and feedback from journal editors and reviewers is a normal part of the publishing process. It is important to carefully review their comments and suggestions and make necessary revisions to improve the quality of your paper. Be sure to respond to each comment and provide a clear explanation for any changes made. Remember to be professional and courteous in all communications with the journal editors and reviewers.