How to remove date from my LaTex Title Page

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter snshusat161
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation is about the code and content of a tex file and specifically the 'title.tex' file. The person is asking if the \today can be removed from the file and the other person confirms that they have already tried it. They also mention that it is easy to miss small details like that.
snshusat161
Here is my code from my tex file

Code:
\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{listings}
\lstset{language=C}
\newcommand{\HRule}{\rule{\linewidth}{0.5mm}}
\begin{document}
\input{./title.tex}

and here is the code for my 'title.tex' file

Code:
\begin{titlepage}
\begin{center}
% Upper part of the page
\textsc{}\\[1.8cm]
\textsc{\large Synopsis On}\\[0.5cm]
% Title
\HRule \\[0.4cm]
{ \huge \bfseries ********}\\[0.4cm]
\HRule \\[0.5cm]
\textsc{\large Done At}\\[0.8cm]
\includegraphics[width=0.25\textwidth]{./logo}\\[0.4cm]
\textsc{\small **************}\\[1.5cm]
% Author and supervisor
\begin{minipage}{0.4\textwidth}
\begin{flushleft} \large
\emph{Submitted By:}\\
\textsc{*********}
\end{flushleft}
\end{minipage}
\begin{minipage}{0.4\textwidth}
\begin{flushright} \large
\emph{Guided By:} \\
\textsc{***********}
\end{flushright}
\end{minipage}
\vfill
% Bottom of the page
{\large \today}
\end{center}
\end{titlepage}

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried removing the \today from title.tex?

yes, i have already seen that 5 hours ago. I was silly. i didn't see it on the first place.

Easy to miss stuff like that ;)

To remove the date from your LaTex title page, you can simply delete the line {\large \today} from your 'title.tex' file. This will remove the date from the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can use the command \date{} before the \begin{document} command in your main tex file. This will also remove the date from your title page.

1. How do I remove the date from my LaTex title page?

To remove the date from your LaTex title page, you can use the command \date{} in your document preamble. This will remove the date from your title page, but it will still appear in the document's metadata.

2. Can I remove the date from just the title page and not the rest of the document?

Yes, you can remove the date from just the title page by using the command \date{} within the title page environment. This will only remove the date from the title page and will not affect the rest of the document's metadata.

3. How do I change the date format on my LaTex title page?

To change the date format on your LaTex title page, you can use the command \date{\format{dd}{mm}{yyyy}} in your document preamble. This will format the date in the specified format, with dd representing the day, mm representing the month, and yyyy representing the year.

4. Why does the date still appear on my title page even after using the \date{} command?

If the date still appears on your title page after using the \date{} command, it is possible that your document class or template has its own date formatting that is overriding the command. In this case, you may need to edit the document class or template to remove the date.

5. Can I completely remove the date from my document's metadata?

No, the date is an important part of a document's metadata and cannot be completely removed. However, using the \date{} command will remove it from the title page and any other pages where it would normally appear.