How To Remove Error Message On Status Bar

• Thread starter jleung
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error
In summary, the conversation discusses how to remove a status message that appears on Internet Explorer due to a javascript error. The suggested solutions include correcting the error or using a try/catch statement to handle it. There is also a suggestion to use window.status to set a custom status message.
jleung
On the Internet Explorer, it shows this message:

Done, but with message on page.

Is there a javascript or HTML code to remove that message so that it appears to be normal?

Technology news on Phys.org
That's caused by a javascript error. The message will go away once you fix it or handle the error.
If you post the source i'll be able to help you.

but isn't there a javascript code that can hide the message? and make the status message to say: done?

You can use window.status = '...' to set the status message. But that won't make the error go away as far as i know.
You can put a try/catch statement around your javascript to handle the error. For example:
Code:
try{
//your code here
}catch(x){}

1. How do I remove an error message from the status bar?

To remove an error message from the status bar, you can try refreshing the page or closing and reopening the browser. If the error message persists, it may be caused by a specific program or extension. Try disabling any recent installations or clearing the browser cache.

2. Why am I getting an error message on the status bar?

There are various reasons why you may be getting an error message on the status bar. It could be due to a malfunctioning program or extension, outdated software, or a network connectivity issue. It is best to troubleshoot the specific error message to determine the cause.

3. Can I hide error messages on the status bar?

Yes, you can hide error messages on the status bar by customizing your browser settings or using a browser extension. However, it is important to address and fix the root cause of the error instead of hiding it.

4. How can I prevent error messages on the status bar?

To prevent error messages on the status bar, make sure your browser and all its components are up to date. You can also regularly clear your browser cache and disable any unnecessary extensions. Additionally, check for any updates or patches for the specific websites or programs you are using.

5. What should I do if the error message on the status bar keeps appearing?

If the error message on the status bar keeps appearing, try troubleshooting the specific error by researching its cause and potential solutions. You can also seek help from a technical support team or the developer of the program or website displaying the error message.