How to search for posts of mine from before 2008?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, there is an advanced search option on the forum that allows you to find posts from 2008 until now. However, there is no option to search for posts from 2002-2007. You can find your posts from that time period by clicking on your name and then the number of messages. They will be displayed in chronological order, but you may need to click through several pages to find earlier posts. This process may be inefficient for users with a large number of posts, as it could require clicking through hundreds of pages. The forum administrator has increased the maximum number of returned results to help with this issue.

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member
I looked at the advanced search option and I can only find posts from 2008 until nowadays.

Is there an option to search for my posts from 2002-2007, or are they forever lost?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you click on your name, then the number of messages, it displays all your posts in chronological order. They're grouped in 7-page bundles, so you need to click through 'show earlier posts' on the 7th page a few times to get to the earlier posts. It's inefficient, but they're there.

Bandersnatch said:
If you click on your name, then the number of messages, it displays all your posts in chronological order. They're grouped in 7-page bundles, so you need to click through 'show earlier posts' on the 7th page a few times to get to the earlier posts. It's inefficient, but they're there.
Uh ... a "few" times? I think a few hundred would be more like it, for anyone with a lot of posts.

Seeing how there's 210 posts per 7 pages, no more than 19 times in case of the OP and more than two hundred for the two most prolific posters only.

Likes phinds
Bandersnatch said:
Seeing how there's 210 posts per 7 pages, no more than 19 times in case of the OP and more than two hundred for the two most prolific posters only.
Hm ... guess I misjudged based on just doing a few sets of 7.

This could be due to max number of returned results. I have doubled the setting. See if you can find it now.

Likes weirdoguy

Suggested for: How to search for posts of mine from before 2008?

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views