How to Select a Solenoid for Tensioning a Chain on a Rotating Bobbin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ameya Joshi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Solenoid
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Ameya Joshi
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I need to select a solenoid actuator for tensioning a chain. The chain is for a bobbin which rotates at 100 rpm. The weight of the bobbin is 9081 kgs. I calculated the braking torque of 35 KN-m but as my knowledge is very limited for solenoids i wish to know how can i select a solenoid for this arrangement?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, Ameya. Unless this is a common arrangement that people should automatically be familiar with, I think that more information is required as to what you need. For instance, in what way does the solenoid apply this tension? You mention braking, but tensioning usually implies to me a longitudinal displacement to take up slack. Can you please clarify your question?