Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to study this kind of flow ?

1. Jan 27, 2012 #1
    how to study this kind of flow ??

how will the water flow from the upper volume to the second one ??

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2012 #2
    Re: how to study this kind of flow ??

umm...Downward? Could you be more specific?

4. Jan 27, 2012 #3

my friend i mean which theory will be presentable to study the flow from up to the bottom ??

5. Jan 27, 2012 #4

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The same theory that covers any other fluid flow problem: the Navier-Stokes equations, conservation of mass and energy...

6. Jan 28, 2012 #5

boneh3ad i know the NSE can be applied to all systems on the earth but here how can we apply it ?? in cartisian co-ord. or we will use the polar co-ord. and in the redius direction or in the angel direction i think its complicated , i have studied this case and get an equation for flow using the orifice principle , but i dont know if navier stokes will give the same result or not ?? your reply will be appreciated

7. Jan 28, 2012 #6

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could use any coordinate system you want and it would give the same answer. That is the beauty of physics like this. Some just make it easier than others. You would have to do Cartesian coordinates here to make it easiest unless you came up with your own system. Exactly what you would do would depend on what you want, and you haven't told us that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook