How to use Simpack to change the profiles of a rail

• Thread starter fzhkhel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Simpack to change the rail profiles of a 100m track, with half of the rail being UIC60 and the other half being 54R1. It also mentions using Simpack to simulate pantograph contact with electric-car lines. The links provided were for the benefit of responders.
fzhkhel
Homework Statement:: unsolved
Relevant Equations:: non

1. How to use Simpack change the profiles of rail , for example , one 100m rail track , half rail's type is UIC60 , half rail's type is 54R1 .
2. How to use Simpack simulate pantograph contact electric-car line.

Engineering news on Phys.org
fzhkhel said:
thanks, i will see that later,if i have any questions,i will let you know.
(Actually, the links were for the benefit of responders. :wink: You already know what Simpack and uic60s are.)

Likes jim mcnamara

Related to How to use Simpack to change the profiles of a rail

1. How do I access Simpack to change rail profiles?

To access Simpack, you will need to have a valid license and login credentials. Once logged in, you can navigate to the rail profile section and begin making changes.

2. Can I change the rail profile at any point during a simulation?

Yes, you can change the rail profile at any point during a simulation. However, keep in mind that changing the profile may affect the results of the simulation and may require additional adjustments.

3. What types of changes can I make to the rail profile using Simpack?

Simpack allows you to make a variety of changes to the rail profile, including adjusting the shape, size, and material properties. You can also add or remove features such as notches or holes.

4. How do I ensure that the changes I make to the rail profile are accurate?

Simpack has a built-in verification feature that allows you to compare the original rail profile with the modified one. This can help ensure the changes are accurate and meet your desired specifications.

5. Can I save and reuse modified rail profiles in Simpack?

Yes, Simpack allows you to save and reuse modified rail profiles for future simulations. This can save time and effort when working on similar projects.