How to write an IEEE level research paper?

In summary, the speaker is looking to publish a research paper on the topic of "Analysis of the voltage regulation of Self excited induction generator using STATCOM" before completing their engineering degree. They have collected resources and are conducting research but are unsure of where to start. They have not yet prepared an abstract and are seeking academic guidance. The other speaker suggests starting by researching how to write a research paper and asks if the speaker has a supervisor, written a research proposal, done a literature review, and obtained results that make sense and contribute to the advancement of science. They also mention the importance of reading other research papers and following their style when aiming to publish.
Manoj Sahu
So I want to write a research paper and publish it before I complete my engineering degree this year. I have selected the topic which is "Analysis of the voltage regulation of Self excited induction generator using STATCOM". I have collected all the resources required and am also doing research. But I don't know where to start? I haven't prepared abstract yet. Your academic guidance will be highly appreciated, if detailed.

Physics news on Phys.org
The abstract is the last thing you write.
Where exactly are you stuck? There is a plethora of great resources around, googling 'how to write a research paper' is a good start.
Do you have a supervisor? Have you written a research proposal? Have you done a literature review?

Do you have results? Do they make sense? Is your work advancing science in a meaningful way? Do others publish on the topic? If it's just reporting on some simulations then you'll have a hard time even if you can answer yes to the above questions.

If you want to publish, then you should have read quite some research papers before. You'll need to copy their style mostly.

1. What is the format and structure of an IEEE level research paper?

The format and structure of an IEEE level research paper is typically divided into sections, including an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. It should also include a title page, abstract, and references in IEEE style. The paper should be written in a clear and concise manner, and include proper headings, figures, tables, and equations.

2. How do I choose a topic for my IEEE level research paper?

The topic of your research paper should be relevant, original, and significant to your field of study. It should also be feasible and manageable within the given time and resources. It's important to do thorough background research and choose a topic that you are passionate about and have a strong understanding of.

3. What is the importance of citing sources in an IEEE level research paper?

Citing sources in an IEEE level research paper is crucial as it adds credibility to your work and allows readers to trace the information back to its original source. It also shows that you have done thorough research and have considered other perspectives and studies in your writing. Failure to cite sources can result in plagiarism, which is a serious academic offense.

4. How do I write a strong introduction for my IEEE level research paper?

The introduction of an IEEE level research paper should provide background information on the topic, define key terms, and state the purpose and objectives of the research. It should also include a brief overview of the methodology and a thesis statement. The introduction should be engaging and capture the reader's attention, while also setting the stage for the rest of the paper.

5. How do I ensure that my IEEE level research paper is well-written and meets the necessary criteria?

To ensure that your paper is well-written and meets the necessary criteria, it's important to follow the guidelines provided by the IEEE and carefully proofread and edit your work. You can also seek feedback from peers or a mentor in your field. Additionally, make sure that your research is based on reliable and relevant sources, and that your writing is clear, concise, and free of errors.