How was the matrix in the attachment found

• A
  • Thread starter LSMOG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matrix
In summary, the conversation discusses finding matrix components using dot products and the process of finding ds2 in spherical coordinates. The conversation also mentions using the equations for x, y, and z in spherical coordinates to find dx, dy, and dz.
LSMOG
15273519438341685572088.jpg
I understand the dot product of ei.ej, but I can't find the matrix components.

Attachments

• 15273519438341685572088.jpg
    15273519438341685572088.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 543
Physics news on Phys.org
LSMOG said:
I understand the dot product of ei.ej, but I can't find the matrix components.
The matrix components are these dot products.

Thanks. I've managed to find the matrix above by finding the dot products. Now how was ds2 = dr2+r22+r2 sin2θ dΦ2 found?

You can get it by inserting
[tex]x=r\ sin\theta\ cos\phi[/tex]
[tex]y=r\ sin\theta\ sin\phi[/tex]
[tex]z=r\ cos\ \theta[/tex]
into
[tex]dx^2+dy^2+dz^2[/tex]

sweet springs said:
You can get it by inserting
[tex]x=r\ sin\theta\ cos\phi[/tex]
[tex]y=r\ sin\theta\ sin\phi[/tex]
[tex]z=r\ cos\ \theta[/tex]
into
[tex]dx^2+dy^2+dz^2[/tex]
Thank you. But you you gave x, y and z in spherical coordinates, according to your last expression, I need dx, dy and dx in spherical coordinates.

LSMOG said:
Thank you. But you you gave x, y and z in spherical coordinates, according to your last expression, I need dx, dy and dx in spherical coordinates.
do the derivatives

1. How was the matrix in the attachment found?

The matrix in the attachment was found using a process called matrix factorization. This involves breaking down a larger matrix into smaller, more manageable matrices in order to extract useful information.

2. What is matrix factorization?

Matrix factorization is a mathematical process used to break down a larger matrix into smaller matrices in order to better understand or analyze the data contained within the larger matrix. It is commonly used in various fields such as data analysis, machine learning, and signal processing.

3. What is the purpose of using matrix factorization to find the matrix in the attachment?

The purpose of using matrix factorization to find the matrix in the attachment is to simplify the data and make it easier to analyze. By breaking down the larger matrix into smaller matrices, we can extract useful information and patterns that may not have been easily noticeable in the original matrix.

4. How accurate is the matrix found through factorization?

The accuracy of the matrix found through factorization depends on various factors such as the quality of the original data, the method of factorization used, and the desired level of accuracy. In general, matrix factorization is a reliable method for extracting useful information from large datasets.

5. Can matrix factorization be applied to any type of data?

Yes, matrix factorization can be applied to various types of data such as numerical data, text data, and even images. However, the specific method of factorization used may vary depending on the type of data being analyzed.