Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How would I take the laplace transform of f(t)= te^tsin^2(t)?

1. Nov 15, 2015 #1
    How would I take the laplace transform of f(t)= te^tsin^2(t)?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2015 #2
    You mean t et sin(2t)? What's causing you the problem? It is pretty straight-forward application of the definition case.

4. Nov 15, 2015 #3
    No the equation is f(t)= te^tsin^2(t)

5. Nov 15, 2015 #4
    Still, it's a standard case (I have a vague recall of this exact function class being important in telecommunication). Perfectly doable via integration by parts. Is this where you got stuck?

6. Nov 15, 2015 #5
    Kinda, Is there anyway to figure out the transform of sin^2(t) then use the theorem for the e^t and t?

7. Nov 15, 2015 #6
    I don't know of having seen that in a table anywhere, it doesn't look like an elementary form, so what you need to do is compute the transform directly using the Laplace transformation definition.
    For integrating the sin2(t) in the transformation integral you need to use the half-angle formula: http://www.sosmath.com/trig/douangl/douangl.html

8. Nov 15, 2015 #7
    Thank you so much!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook