Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Howto set Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter as default

1. Dec 17, 2015 #1
    Dear Group,

I just set up a Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter using administration command prompt, its function as wifi hot spot, so the other devices could use this hot spot for the internet.
    ( )

But whenever I shutdown the computer and turn it on, I can not find it, I have to use administration command prompt again to make it appear, like: netsh wlan star hostednetwork.

Can I set it as the default, so whenever I turn on computer, it will be there so I do not need to run cmd again?

Please give me advises....!

Thank you, group.

Best regards,

Nate Duong.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2015 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could put the instructions in a .bat file and then configure your laptop to run that at startup.

4. Dec 18, 2015 #3
    It worked, I put that like of code into bat file and using task schedule to set it up and make it run every time I log on.
    Thank you very much for your suggestion,
    Best regards,
    Nate Duong.

5. Dec 18, 2015 #4

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Glad that I could help. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook