Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have a big exam on Wednesday. It's the last one before the drop

1. Nov 5, 2012 #1
    I have a big exam on Wednesday. It's the last one before the drop date. I just need all of the help I can get. Any help would be appreciated. Here is where I am right now:

• I want at least a B on this test.
    • Made very bad grades on first two tests.
    • However, if I get good marks on last two (very last one is a cumulative), I will get a B.
    • We are allowed to use notecards with equations (no actual words though).
    • We get a review, but it only has three types of problems.
    • Will cover three chapters: rotations, statics, and fluids

So, are there any tips that you can think of? I'm trying my best to study. I know WHY I am doing poorly (don't know when to use which equation). I've practiced and practiced and I STILL forget. The math is no problem. I'm just feeling really disheartened.

A C would really destroy my GPA (have a 3.7); and can't afford to drop another class (already dropped 2 in first two years of college). Thanks, guys.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2012 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Re: Stressed!

Are you drinking or doing drugs? Are you going out when you could be studying? Are you getting enough sleep and quiet time after studying so that your brain has a chance to store the information?

4. Nov 5, 2012 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You're learning in order to obtain a good grade. That's the wrong attitude. You need to learn because you're hungry for knowledge and because you enjoy it.

5. Nov 5, 2012 #4

No to drinking, drugs, and going out. Sleep and quiet time I definitely need to work on though.

That attitude worked with all my past classes, so I thought it would work with this one too. :(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook