I have a big exam on Wednesday. It's the last one before the drop

  • Thread starter Thread starter iamintrouble
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Drop Exam
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
iamintrouble
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a big exam on Wednesday. It's the last one before the drop date. I just need all of the help I can get. Any help would be appreciated. Here is where I am right now:

  • I want at least a B on this test.
  • Made very bad grades on first two tests.
  • However, if I get good marks on last two (very last one is a cumulative), I will get a B.
  • We are allowed to use notecards with equations (no actual words though).
  • We get a review, but it only has three types of problems.
  • Will cover three chapters: rotations, statics, and fluids

So, are there any tips that you can think of? I'm trying my best to study. I know WHY I am doing poorly (don't know when to use which equation). I've practiced and practiced and I STILL forget. The math is no problem. I'm just feeling really disheartened.

A C would really destroy my GPA (have a 3.7); and can't afford to drop another class (already dropped 2 in first two years of college). Thanks, guys.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Are you drinking or doing drugs? Are you going out when you could be studying? Are you getting enough sleep and quiet time after studying so that your brain has a chance to store the information?
 


You're learning in order to obtain a good grade. That's the wrong attitude. You need to learn because you're hungry for knowledge and because you enjoy it.
 


Evo said:
Are you drinking or doing drugs? Are you going out when you could be studying? Are you getting enough sleep and quiet time after studying so that your brain has a chance to store the information?

No to drinking, drugs, and going out. Sleep and quiet time I definitely need to work on though.

micromass said:
You're learning in order to obtain a good grade. That's the wrong attitude. You need to learn because you're hungry for knowledge and because you enjoy it.

That attitude worked with all my past classes, so I thought it would work with this one too. :(