I have a problem with mathematica

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Reem Hashem
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary: I really need your help to understand where the mistake is in my equationsI hope you can help me to find the mistake so I can correct itThanks alotIn summary, Mr Bill's problem is that he wrote the equations incorrectly, and when he tried to use them to solve a problem, he got an incorrect answer.
Reem Hashem
Hello,I need help in Mathematica,my problem is that I wrote the system of differential equations and I put a certain value of the variables and it is supposed that the value of the absolute of the determent would be zero but unfortunately I did not get zero , I got another answer
when I put R=0,S=0,h=0,a=3.127,w=3390 the absolute will be zero
but when I put R=5,S=8.2,a=3.116,w=3426,h=0 the answer was not zero which is supposed to be zero as what is written in the research.So Is my writing of the equation in mathematica wrong?
I wrote the equations by my hand writing and also in Mathematica,so I hope to Know where is the mistake in writing the system in Mathematica?and thanks for help

Attachments

• checking the equations.nb
    36 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 462
Physics news on Phys.org
I tried to see if your hand written y'[19]== and your Mathematica y'[19]== were the same and I can't get those anywhere near the same. I am guessing your translation into Mathematica has changed enough things that I cannot verify any of your more complicated equations.

Sorry Mr Bill ,but I think that you did not notice that in my hand writing I wrote that
m= (S+(h(w^0.5)+aR)(1-t) & K= a^2 w(1-t) so when you susitute them in the equations you will find that they are the same what I wrote in Mathematica

I did notice that, but the difference in notation between your handwriting and Mathematica makes it more difficult than I have the time to spend to repeat the complete translation myself to find what is perhaps a typographical error somewhere.

And there is at least as big a chance that I'll make a different typo trying to do the translation myself.

Last edited:
Compare between my handwriting & mathematica

Mr Bill ,thank you very much for helping me alot, I sent the new equations in my handwriting ,I hope it will better this time to compare with what I wrote in mathematica

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 424
Mr Bill I tried to find the value of (w=T) which makes the determinte =0 when R=5,a=3.116.S=8.2 by using FindRoot and I got that w= 2548.33 but when I used this value I did not get zero for the determinte and that which made me puzzled and confused added to that the right value of w should be 3426 as what is written in the research

Attachments

• step4 - Copy (2).nb
    42 KB · Views: 438
  • checking the equations - Copy.nb
    36.4 KB · Views: 478

1. Can Mathematica solve any kind of mathematical problem?

No, Mathematica is a powerful software tool for mathematical computation and analysis, but it may not be able to solve every type of mathematical problem. It is always best to consult the documentation or seek help from other users for specific problems.

2. How do I troubleshoot errors in Mathematica?

The first step in troubleshooting errors in Mathematica is to carefully read the error message and try to understand what it is telling you. Then, check the Mathematica documentation or online resources for possible solutions. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can seek help from the Mathematica community forums or contact Wolfram Technical Support.

3. Is it possible to customize the appearance of plots and graphs in Mathematica?

Yes, Mathematica offers a wide range of options for customizing the appearance of plots and graphs. You can change colors, fonts, labels, and many other visual elements to suit your needs. Refer to the documentation for more information on how to customize plots and graphs in Mathematica.

4. Can Mathematica handle big data and complex calculations?

Yes, Mathematica is designed to handle large amounts of data and perform complex calculations. It has powerful built-in functions and algorithms that can efficiently process and analyze data. However, the performance may vary depending on the specific problem and the hardware capabilities of your computer.

5. Is it necessary to have a strong background in mathematics to use Mathematica?

While having a strong background in mathematics can certainly be helpful in using Mathematica, it is not a requirement. Mathematica is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, with built-in functions and tools that can handle many mathematical tasks. However, a basic understanding of mathematical concepts and notation can be beneficial in using the software effectively.