1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have a Science Question for my HOMEWOrK! Please help o

1. Feb 27, 2007 #1
    I have a Science Question for my HOMEWOrK! Please help o:)

1. Okay, HOW DOES WATER EROSION AFFECT EARTH'S SURFACE???

2. What are some definitions or details, just things to help me with my essay on Water Erosion.

3. I lost my notes on it and your help is greatly appreciated:tongue2:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2007 #2
    It's just I really need help on this and the computer searches aren't much, helpful websites and links are also great.

4. Feb 27, 2007 #3
    Please help, I am new to this site because I just joined, and if I am doing anything wrong or if you can help please let me know.

5. Feb 27, 2007 #4
    Anybody??? PLEASE :rolleyes:

6. Feb 27, 2007 #5
    Okay I gtg my Dad wants me so send me a private message if ya can help k?

7. Feb 27, 2007 #6

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Welcome to PF, Des. You need to be patient when asking homework questions, and cannot expect an answer within 5 minutes of posting the question. Also, please note that for homework questions, we require you to show your work and/or some effort that you have put in to finding the solution.

What information have you found from your internet searches? What do you know about water erosion? And, a technicality that will help people aim the answer at the correct level, what stage of your education are you at?

8. Feb 27, 2007 #7
    Okay I messaged you, thanks for the help cristo

9. Feb 27, 2007 #8
    Well I just checked Google, the sites were either advertising and messing up my computer or just didn't have what I wanted, so I tried this site because a friend of mine told me about it.

10. Feb 27, 2007 #9

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Well, we'll talk about it here rather than in PM's--other people can join in and give you advice then, when I get stuck!

OK, so you're in seventh grade; how old does that make you (im not from the US). Wikipedia may be a good place to start for this level of research. Here's a page that may be relevant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erosion#Water_erosion. Or maybe these webpages I found by googling http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/01448/, http://soilerosion.net/doc/water_erosion.html

Is any of this of use to you.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  11. Dec 7, 2011 #10
    Re: I have a Science Question for my HOMEWOrK! Please help o:)

Hey
    Which is the best summary of the situation?
    a. When one carbon dioxide molecule enters the atmosphere, another one leaves.
    b. The amounts of carbon dioxide entering and leaving the atmosphere are more dissimiliar than at any time in the recent past
    c Carbon dioxide is no longer being absorbed. :confused:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?