I have caught pneumonia, sneezing and high temp

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Moonbear says that English roads are wet and dirty, and he's sure he has caught pneumonia, sneezing and a high temperature from riding his bike. He also gets to ride around in the sun, but it's hot and he has nosebleeds more often than he can count. He would move to a different country if he could, but he's stuck in England. Woolie has a bike that is almost secondary to the engine and electrical systems. His bike has V twins and he's sad that it's not enough to handle the weather. He's also waiting for his scooter to be fixed.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Every time i ride my bike for say one hour i have to spend three cleaning it,
why are English roads so wet and dirty, and also but not least i am sure i have caught pneumonia, sneezing and high temp, i hope i live long enough
to ride in the sun just one time.

Physics news on Phys.org
and not going to take it any more! (hang in there, organization is harder to achieve than entropy, as some basic principle tells us.)

You should ride longer and clean less. I have a black Softail that was not washed last year nor (so far) this year. It works well (tries to throw you of the back if you twist the right grip) and it feels as dangerous as ever.

turbo-1 said:
You should ride longer and clean less. I have a black Softail that was not washed last year nor (so far) this year. It works well (tries to throw you of the back if you twist the right grip) and it feels as dangerous as ever.

Shame on you, or may be you have clean roads, if i did not clean my bike
for that long the wheels would not turn through muck build up.
And you ride a hardly davidson/ straight line tractor.

If it makes you feel any better, I ride a scooter, (like a moped thing) and the muffler fell off cause it rattled so much. Then when I got that fixed, it turned out there was a nail going through the tire... I'm waiting to get that fixed still...

I do get to ride around in the sun though... course its 110F here... I have nosebleeds more often than I can count...

Gale said:
If it makes you feel any better, I ride a scooter, (like a moped thing) and the muffler fell off cause it rattled so much. Then when I got that fixed, it turned out there was a nail going through the tire... I'm waiting to get that fixed still...

I do get to ride around in the sun though... course its 110F here... I have nosebleeds more often than I can count...

Thats rotten luck, and 110f is just to hot, how do you function, or are the
nose bleeds a warning?

Did every thing turn out ok for you?

I live in Ontario. It's always perfect weather for motorcycling.

Have you considered moving elsewhere?

I heard English weather is just brutal. I don't know how anyone could live in that.

mathwonk said:
and not going to take it any more! (hang in there, organization is harder to achieve than entropy, as some basic principle tells us.)

:rofl::rofl:

GALE! WElcome back, Moonbear and I were just talking about you!

How are you?

YOU'R GOLD!

JasonRox said:
I heard English weather is just brutal. I don't know how anyone could live in that.

Totally. It suffices to look at one single Wimbledon match to convince yourself.

JasonRox said:
I live in Ontario. It's always perfect weather for motorcycling.

Have you considered moving elsewhere?

Right now the rain is lashing down, almost like waves, i have not known a year like it, the land starts to dry and wham another drenching.

I would move abroad, but no one wants me :cry:

Have you considered mounting a 12 volt sunlamp on your bike?

GAIL and look, Who's too! Nice to see you!

Ivan Seeking said:
Have you considered mounting a 12 volt sunlamp on your bike?

Ivan, i only have six volts.

wolram said:
Ivan, i only have six volts.

Wow, what a whimpy bike! :rolleyes:

Have you considered mounting a 6 volt sunlamp on your bike?

:biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:

Gnash, Grrrrrr, Grrrrrrr.:mad::grumpy::tongue2:

A sun lamp would act as a sail in this weather :smile:

Ivan Seeking said:

Woolie's got one of those twee English bikes in which the engine and electrical systems are nearly afterthoughts. His 6 volts could well be a pack of 4 D-cells. :rofl: (Rides away quickly on my "tractor" to an undisclosed location!)

turbo-1 said:
Woolie's got one of those twee English bikes in which the engine and electrical systems are nearly afterthoughts. His 6 volts could well be a pack of 4 D-cells. :rofl: (Rides away quickly on my "tractor" to an undisclosed location!)

V twins to you :tongue2:

wolram said:
Thats rotten luck, and 110f is just to hot, how do you function, or are the
nose bleeds a warning?

Did every thing turn out ok for you?

Yeah, nose bleeds are from the dry, hot heat. Its miserable sometimes, but its way too much fun riding around to find some other mode of transport. Moose had a thread about the heat... Its Arizona, deserts are hot eh?

And I still haven't gotten my scooter fixed. I'm strapped for cash, so it'll have to wait. Walking in 110F isn't any fun either...

And hi Evo and Hypatia! Wasn't sure i'd be recognized in with my new fancy gold lettering. Things have been... pretty good... How're you all?

Gale said:
Yeah, nose bleeds are from the dry, hot heat. Its miserable sometimes, but its way too much fun riding around to find some other mode of transport. Moose had a thread about the heat... Its Arizona, deserts are hot eh?

And I still haven't gotten my scooter fixed. I'm strapped for cash, so it'll have to wait. Walking in 110F isn't any fun either...

And hi Evo and Hypatia! Wasn't sure i'd be recognized in with my new fancy gold lettering. Things have been... pretty good... How're you all?

Gale, you will have to shout or Evo will not hear you.

English people do not even know what 110f is :smile:

1. What causes pneumonia?

Pneumonia is caused by an infection in the lungs. The most common cause is a bacterial infection, but it can also be caused by viruses, fungi, or other microorganisms.

2. How is pneumonia diagnosed?

Pneumonia can be diagnosed through a physical examination, medical history, and various tests such as a chest X-ray, blood tests, and a sputum culture. Your doctor may also listen to your lungs with a stethoscope to check for abnormal sounds.

3. What are the symptoms of pneumonia?

The symptoms of pneumonia can vary, but common signs include coughing, chest pain, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, and fatigue. Some individuals may also experience nausea, vomiting, and headaches.

4. Can pneumonia be prevented?

There are several ways to help prevent pneumonia, such as getting vaccinated, practicing good hygiene (washing your hands frequently), avoiding smoking and secondhand smoke, and staying away from individuals who are sick.

5. How is pneumonia treated?

Treatment for pneumonia depends on the cause and severity of the infection. It may include antibiotics (for bacterial pneumonia), antivirals (for viral pneumonia), rest, plenty of fluids, and over-the-counter medication for symptoms such as fever and pain. In severe cases, hospitalization and oxygen therapy may be necessary.